I made these last year for a work event and they were so delicious! I also love that you don’t have to bake them. I found the original recipe here on Pinterest.
- one large pack of mint Oreos (approx. 30 cookies)
- 1 bar (8 oz) of softened cream cheese
- 12 oz of chocolate chips (dark or milk)
- toppings (I used assorted holiday sprinkles, you can also use crushed up candy cane)
- optional: white chocolate for drizzling
- Put the Oreo’s in a food processor and process until fine
- Combine Oreo crumbs with softened cream cheese
- Roll into small bite-size balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Put in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for about 60 seconds and mix with a fork until smooth; add more time in the microwave if needed
- Use a fork to dip frozen Oreo balls into the chocolate mixture; tap the fork against bowl to get excess chocolate off
- Immediately top with toppings before the chocolate sets
- Keep in the freezer until ready to eat
I made this delicious Oreo pie recipe for a game night with some friends. Let me just say, I love Oreo anything. ANYTHING. My main goal was to pick something easy and quick, which it was (aside from the 2 hours you’ll need to let everything set). I used this recipe here I found on Pinterest and made of few of my own modifications.
- 1 (15.35 ounce) package Double-Stuffed Oreo cookies (buy 2 packs if you want even more Oreo love)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packages (3.9 ounce, each) Instant Chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 pint (16 oz) of heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) block Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar + 6 tablespoons for homemade cool whip
- vanilla extract (1/2 tspn x 2)
*recipe for 9″ x 13″ pan
- Put all of the Oreo’s in a gallon-size ziplock back and crush (easiest with a rolling pin – get all the air out of the bag)
- Set aside half of the cookie crumbs for the top. Pour the other half of cookie crumbs into a 9×13″ baking pan. Pour the melted butter over the crumbs and mix well to combine. Once combined, press into the pan to form a crust.
- In a bowl, whisk together the 2 pudding mixes and milk. Cover and place in fridge to set.
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- In another medium bowl use an electric mixer to whip 1 cup of heavy cream, 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to make your homemade cool whip. Then fold it into the cream cheese mixture. Spread mixture over the cookie crust.
- Then take chocolate pudding and spread over the cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat the cool whip recipe and spread that over the chocolate pudding layer.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Cover and chill in fridge at least 2 hours before serving.
The original recipe calls for store-bought Cool Whip, but since it’s so easy to make and tastes much, much, much better I highly recommend making your own too. This is an easy recipe that you can quickly make and bring with you to any family/office/friend gathering. Enjoy! 🙂
Let the holiday season commence!
Of course I’m prepping with junk food because what’s more GG than that??
Coffee, coffee and more coffee!!
Marshmallows. Alone. On a platter.
Tater Tots. “They’re organic!”
Any Gilmore Girls fan knows that this isn’t enough food, so I’ll probably be ordering Chinese and pizza. lol I can’t wait to find out what the last four words of the series is! If you didn’t know, the writer Amy Sherman-Palladino wanted the series to end with four specific words. Because the series ended so unexpectedly when it was on the air, she never got to write them….until now! I am watching all six hours of the movies starting first thing this morning.
Gilmore Girls revival commence!
Growing up my mom made pumpkin bread loaves every single fall. Now, when I make them on my own and it takes me straight home because it’s become one of my comfort foods. I saw this recipe and wasn’t sure now it’d turn out, but the raspberries are such a nice compliment to the pumpkin, and not overpowering like I thought it would be. I also loved how easy this recipe is!
I used this recipe, although I made some modifications to it that I highly recommend!
- Buy two 6 oz packs of fresh raspberries or a double pack as you see above
- Instead of adding all of the ingredients to the bowl and then mixing, leave the raspberries out first and then add after everything has already been mixed. This allows them to stay a bit more in tact in the bread instead of just turning into jam
- If using a standard loaf pan (I did – approx. 6″x3″), split the batter in half and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. *Always check if your loaf is baked through by sticking a knife or fork through the middle of the loaf to the bottom of the pan and then seeing if any batter is left uncooked.
- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 12 oz. of fresh raspberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan(s) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Pour half the mix into the loaf pan(s).
- Bake 45 minutes until cooked through and golden on top
- This recipe makes 2 loaves (if using approximately to 6″x3″ loaf pans)
Enjoy this yummy fall recipe!
I’m so happy to be back to blogging with a beautiful new website!! Today I wanted to share my recipe for a healthy fall inspired salad. This is something I’ve made multiple times and it’s pretty much as tasty as salads get. I bought all of my groceries from Trader Joe’s because it’s closest to my apartment, but you can still pick up all of these things at any grocery store!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Romaine or any other greens
- Grilled chicken – four strips
- Pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- Candied walnuts (optional, but it makes the salad in my opinion)
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
As I continue to post more I will be sharing about my September wedding, my Mediterranean honeymoon cruise, some outfits I’ve worn, and some of my other favorite things. Thanks for stopping by!